This intense and expressive sake has aromas of ripe luscious melon, brown mushroom, caramel, and rice pudding sprinkled with anise and brown sugar. On the palate there is a complex mix of pandan leaf, vanilla, fennel root and roasted brown rice and the umami built into this sake is accentuated by good acidity and a dry finish.
There is considerable flexibility when serving this sake and you can enjoy the drinking experience at chilled, room temperature or warmer temperatures. When the sake is warmed the richness of this Junmai mellows and the flavours merge beautifully. At cooler temperatures the texture and acidity are more evident.
Note: This sake is unpasteurised and requires refrigeration during storage and after opening.
- Brewery: Noguchi Naohiko Sake Institute
- Region: Komatsu
- Classification: Junmai, Muroka (unfined), Nama (unpasteurised), Genshu (undiluted)
- Item Code: 1400:166932
- %ALC/VOL: 19%
- Net Volume: 720ml
- Rice: Gohyakumangoku
- Rice Polishing Rate: 60%
- SMV (Sake Meter Value): Not Specified
- Serve: Cool | Room Temperature | Warm
- Matching Food: Raw Oysters | Tuna, Salmon Roe, Grilled White Fish | Vegetable Quiche | Cheese | Charcuterie
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.