This sake was made with Noguchi-toji’s yamahai fermentation starter technique which encourages the development of acidity and complex umami in the brew. The aromas reflect this origin with tart green apple and fresh mushroom prominent with a dash of sage and citrus. The flavour profile reinforces this with green apple, fennel and sage notes adding to the crisp green impression this sake leaves you with. A beautiful play of acidity along the length of the finish. Recommend serving this sake chilled to about 10 degrees for pairing with seafood to accentuate the crisp dry sensation or heat to a pleasantly warm 42°C to see the drink expand into a more umami-dominant mellow pour. Enjoy alongside your favourite protein-based plates or a laden cheese platter.
Note: This sake is unpasteurised and requires refrigeration during storage and after opening.
- Brewery: Noguchi Naohiko Sake Institute
- Region: Komatsu
- Classification: Ginjo, Yamahai (fermentation starter), Muroka (unfined), Nama (unpasteurised), Genshu (undiluted)
- Item Code: 1400:166934
- %ALC/VOL: 19%
- Net Volume: 720ml
- Rice: Miyamanishiki & Yamada Nishiki
- Rice Polishing Rate: 55%
- SMV (Sake Meter Value): Not Specified
- Serve: Cold | Cool | Room Temperature | Warm
- Matching Food: Wagyu Beef | Grilled Meats | Salmon with tartare sauce | Scallop
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.