Poured into a glass there are pronounced aromas of lychee, cherry, bubble gum and coconut ice with a base note of musk melon. The aromatics are enticing, and the light misty appearance adds to the allure of this refined, elegant Junmai Daiginjo which has been produced to accentuate the superb balance, structure and finessed brewing techniques which are the hallmarks of Katsuyama. This is a limited release capturing the essence of the Japanese spring and emerging blossoms.
The palate is smooth as silk, curvaceous and whispers white peach, cherry, and apple. There is a very gentle, soft-textured, lingering finish of fresh berry fruit and overall, a fresh, crystal clean sensation leaves the drinker reaching for another sip. This is an unpasteurised sake and a special seasonal release and should be stored and served chilled to allow the best expression of this delicious, locally grown Miyagi rice – Gin no iroha.
- Brewery: SENDAI ISAWAKE KATSUYAMA SHUZO
- Region: Miyagi
- Classification: Junmai Daiginjo, Usu-Nigori - lightly cloudy, Nama –unpasteurised.
- Item Code: 1400:164823 (720ml)
- %ALC/VOL: 16%
- Net Volume: 720ml
- Rice: Yamada Nishiki 20% / Aiyama 80%
- Rice Polishing Rate: 50%
- SMV (Sake Meter Value): +3
- Serve: Cold
- Matching Food: Lobster | Sashimi | Scampi | Scallop | Poached Fillet of Sole | Steamed White Fish
Nippon Food Distributors is Australia's official importer and distributor of Katsuyama Saké.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.